Saturday 24 August 2013

Nice people #94 - Willard Anthony Watts

I am away at the moment taking my dad on a farewell tour so I have missed Willard's latest example of gross rudeness if not hypocrisy.  He has listed some sites that obviously are getting under his non-pachyderm skin and outed one of the anonymous proprietors of his nemeses.  You can find out here.

 The purpose of my mini post is to stand tall with those Watts has listed, and recommend them over the fake skeptics' site of choice, WUWT. Willard is an odious man. His hounding of Michael Mann and others shows a character in search of something a little more, let's say, moral. His inability to understand the English language is crass. I have never met him. Perhaps he is a charming man, but I am not likely to believe it from the evidence I see before me on his site day after day. He tolerates the whimsical ramblings of Willis Eschenbach, the known lies of Christopher Monckton, and the conspiracy freak comments of a horde of anonymous commenters. Fancy that. I've used the word hypocrisy or its siblings a lot on this blog recently. In Willard Anthony Watts I have exhibit #94.

4 comments:

  1. Much appreciated :)

    A bit of free publicity doesn't hurt. I don't think Anthony thought this through very clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't think Anthony thought this through very clearly."


    We're talking about Anthony, Watts, king of the climate trolls, he never thinks ahead.

    If silence was golden
    You couldn't raise a dime
    Cause your mind is on vacation and your mouth is working overtime.
    MOSE ALLISON

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self-centred me - I meant to wish you and your father all the very best, Catmando. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Sou. Those are nice thoughts. Funny how the people characteristic as hating humans over at WUWT are actually the ones who are most considerate.

    ReplyDelete